- Antinao, J. L. and Rupp, R. F.
- The Quaternary Geology of the Indiana Portion of the Eastern Extent of the South Bend 30- x 60-Minute Quadrangle was created to provide digital access to the Quaternary geology of the eastern extent of the South Bend 30- x 60-minute quadrangle in Indiana. This geodatabase presents basic Quaternary geological information that contributes to the development of a three-dimensional framework of the state of Indiana. The data are synthesized from archived public domain geological data obtained from many different sources, original data obtained from fieldwork conducted by the authors, and contract drilling supported by project funds. Archive data sources include water-well records, refraction seismic surveys, borehole descriptions and geophysical logs, and the geological literature. Project data includes observations and measurements from drilled and sampled boreholes and estimated bedrock depths from analysis of horizontal-vertical spectral ratios (HVSR) seismic measurements. This database is, in large part, the result of a cooperative mapping agreement between the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) and the Indiana Geological and Water Survey through the STATEMAP program of the USGS.
- Indiana Geological and Water Survey (IGWS), IGWS, formation, quaternary, surficial, Wedron Group, Martinsville Formation, Atherton Formation, Wadsworth Formation, Haeger Formation, Lemont Formation, Elkhart Formation, Yorkville Member, Batestown Member, Late Pleistocene, and Holocene
- Citation to related publication:
- Antinao, J. L., and Rupp, R. F., 2021, Quaternary geology of the Indiana portion of the eastern extent of the South Bend 30- x 60-minute quadrangle: Indiana Geological and Water Survey, Indiana Journal of Earth Sciences, v. 3, scale 1:100,000. doi: 10.14434/ijes.v3i0.31698
- Quaternary Geology of the Indiana Portion of the Eastern Extent of the South Bend 30- x 60-Minute Quadrangle