- McLaughlin, Patrick I., Bancroft, Alyssa M., and Johnson, Matthew R.
- The Bedrock Geologic Map of the Southern Half of the Knox 30- X 60-Minute Quadrangle was created to provide digital access to the bedrock geology of southern half of the Knox quadrangle in northern Indiana. This geodatabase presents basic bedrock geological information that contributes to the characterization of potential mineral resources and bedrock aquifer systems. The data are synthesized from archived public domain geological data obtained from many different sources, original data obtained from fieldwork conducted by the authors, and contract drilling supported by project funds. Archive data sources include petroleum-well records, water-well records, refraction seismic surveys, and the geological literature. Project data includes measurements from quarry exposures, drill cores, drill cuttings, geophysical logs, chemostratigraphic analysis via portable X-ray fluorescence and stable isotope ratio mass spectrometry, conodont biostratigraphy, and horizontal-to-vertical spectral ratio geophysical surveys. This database is, in large part, the result of a cooperative mapping agreement between the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) and the Indiana Geological and Water Survey through the STATEMAP program of the USGS.
- Indiana Geological and Water Survey (IGWS), formation, bedrock, member, Devonian, Silurian, stratigraphy, Antrim Shale, Muscatatuck Group, Traverse Formation, Detroit River Formation, Wabash Formation, and Liston Creek Limestone Member
- Citation to related publication:
- Indiana Geological Survey (IGS), 2013a, BEDROCK_SURFACE_250K_IGS_IN.SHP--Bedrock surface contours of Indiana: 1:250,000, line shapefile. - https://maps.indiana.edu/metadata/Geology/Bedrock_Surface_Contours.html Indiana Geological Survey (IGS), 2013b, Petroleum Database Management System [Microsoft SQL server database]. - https://igws.indiana.edu/pdms/WellSearch.cfm
- Bedrock Geologic Map of the Southern Half of the Knox 30- X 60-Minute Quadrangle, Indiana